Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The wait is over!

So I think that I should start typing this thing up, before it gets too late and I'm all like: "meh, I mean, I can not write for a day. right?". So anyways, not a whole lot has been happening. Actually, that is a blatant lie, and I'm going to use this sentence to remind myself of what a liar I am. So yeah, I started recording songs again, even though I said to myself that I'd take a break, and start recording/writing again next fall. niiiiice, you're gonna be a reeeal success if you take 3 month breaks between writing. Shaddup. As far as recording goes, I got extremely fed up with my laptops microphone, so I just started recording with my mp3 player. The thing is like 3 years old, and the microphone is better than my year old laptop. Fucking ridiculous if you ask me. But yeah, the new microphone, combined with my amp, equals almost professional sounding, uhh, sound. The thing that the microphone does not help, is my voice. I need some serious work with my voice.
Another juicy bit of news is that I gauged my ear! Yeah, it was something I always wanted to do. In fact, if I remember correctly, that was the reason for getting a peircing in the first place. But then, I found out that it takes time to stretch it, so natuarally, I just went: "meh". The funny thing is that a year or so ago, I bought a new earring with a slightly thicker bar than usual, so I just put it in and forgot about it. Untill three days ago, that is. So, I went and bought the next size bar, but in the form of a screw-on flesh tunnel. After minimal effort, it practically glided in my ear. The next day however, I realized that I wanted it just a liiiitle bit bigger, so I went out and bought the next size. Thinking that the transition from a 14 to a 12 was relatively easy, and pain free, I naturally assumed that the same would apply to the transition from a 12 to a 10. Oh boy was I wrong.
Turns out, it's not the same, and I went through a wee bit of agony, untill I coated the bar with vaseling, and just took a deep breath, and pushed. didn't know that you were pregnant. Shaddup you. Well, it took more than just one deep breath. However! I did manage to break on through to the other side. i don't care if you do write songs, a Jim Morrisson you are not. After that, my ear was just throbbing so much, and it hurt when I touched it, but everntually it got better. I still haven't really toyed with it, but here's to hoping.
Also! I'm going to be flying over to the "old country" in a few days, and I couldn't be happier!
The cool part is that I'm probably going to be meeting this girl I've known for the past three years over the interet, in person! I'm kind of weirded out by it it, and the fact that I used to have a net crush on her doesn't help much, but I'm just so fucking psyched that we're actually gonna meet!
On the skateboarding frontier, I've been doing quite a bit of it this past week, since there's nothing better to do here in the 'burbs. The only frustrating thing is that a) I got injured again, and b) I sort of forgot how to kickflip, again. Ah well, it doesn't matter. I was thinking abut giving it a couple of days rest anyhow. The plus part is that I get to take pills again!
You know, cause pulling a groin muscle ain't no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment